Lawn Fertilizaton & weed control program
While soil can provide some nutrients that lawns need in order to grow, most need the help of fertilizer to reach their maximum potential. In order for your lawn to get the most benefit out of applied fertilizer, consistency and preventative measures are needed. While many homeowners may think that fertilizer application is only necessary a few times a year around the spring and summer months, that's simply not accurate. At Steve's Lawn and Landscaping, we offer a 5-step fertilization and weed control program that will keep your lawn healthy and the envy of the neighborhood all year long.
Our 5-step fertilizer & weed Control program
Steve's Lawn and Landscaping's lawn fertilization and weed control program consists of 5 applications of fertilizer and weed controls to your lawn. At each application, we will diagnose any disease or insect activity and any other menaces' that may affect your lawn. By choosing a fertilization and weed control program, you are ensuring that your lawn stays healthy and beautiful all year by providing it with the consistent balance of nutrients and treatment it needs to thrive.
what does our 5-step program look like?
- Round 1 will consist of a pre-emergent and fertilizer application, as well as spot spraying for broadleaf weeds (clover, dandelion, bindweed, etc). This application will occur between Mid-March and the 1st of May.
- Round 2 of pre-emergent and fertilizer will be applied between May and June. At this time we will also spray the entire lawn for broadleaf weeds (clover, dandelion, bindweed, etc).
- Round 3 will be a double application which consist of fertilizer, preventative grub control, spot spray for broadleaf weeds (clover, dandelion, bindweed, etc) and a spot spray for any annual/crabgrass. This application will occur between Mid-June and Mid-August.
- Round 4 will be an application of balanced fall fertilizer, a blanket spray of the entire lawn for broadleaf weeds (clover, dandelion, bindweed, etc).
- Round 5 will be an application of winterizer/fertilizer and a spot spray for broadleaf weeds (clover, dandelion, bindweed, etc). This application will be applied between October and November.
WHY SHOULD I FERTILIZE MY YARD?
Professional fertilization provides many benefits to the overall look and health of your lawn. Fertilizer provides essential nutrients such as nitrogen to plants to help them grow. Lawns that are regularly fertilized are proven to be thicker, greener, and more resilient to daily use such as walking and playing. Healthier lawns also have less bald spots and are more resistant to drought and pests. Steve's Lawn & Landscaping’s lawn fertilization services can help your yard become healthier and more beautiful.
Other related services
- Emerald Ash Borer Treatment For Trees: An injection is administered to the tree to protect it from the emerald ash borer, or a soil drench can also be done that the roots will take up, which in turn causes the tree to be undesirable to the borer.
- Bagworm Treatment: An insecticide is applied to the foliage of Evergreen trees and shrubs to kill the bagworms and prevent them from creating bags.
- May, June Beetle Treatment: An insecticide is applied to deciduous trees and shrubs to kill and prevent the insects from eating the leaves of the trees or shrubs.
Contact Steve's Lawn and Landscaping today to receive a free quote for our fertilizer and weed control program and make your lawn the envy of the neighborhood!